"Agile project management"
... start with Scrum, Kanban and Extreme Programming (XP)
Scrum will soon be introduced in your company and you don't know what to expect with it? You are already involved in agile projects, but would you like to learn more about the theoretical background? You would like to introduce agile project management in your company and need some tips and basic knowledge? In our module "Agile Project Management" you receive all necessary basic information.
What you can expect of the “Agile project management” module
You want to take on a position in an active project? You need knowledge and the necessary skills to be able to play every role in an active project team. You need to develop an understanding of the particular requirements in the environment of Scrum and Kanban and use agile working methods.
If you have been working in agile teams for many years and are familiar with Scrum, you might just want to have your knowledge and experience of exquisite skills, or you'd like to have all your employees in your company equipped with the same PM tools.
If Scrum is to be introduced in the company, would you like to know more about the underlying rules and regulations? In any case, our module is ideally suited for all your requirements!
You will also be ideally placed for certification as a Cert. Agile Project Manager (IAPM) of the International Association of Project Managers. The costs for the certification are already included in the course fee.
More than 20,000 participants in our seminars have already been successfully brought to their new challenges and are being quantified for the first time. Start your work in the agile project management with the participation in this module and acquire the necessary methodical equipment for your project success.
Content of the “Agile project management” module
Introduction to Agile
The Scrum Management Rules and Regulations
- Definition of Agility
- Traditional vs. agile project management
- The agile manifesto and the agile principles
- The magic triangle in the agile version
- Agile treasure
- The way to an agile organisation
- The Scrum roles Product Owner, Development Team and Scrum Master
- Impediments and Technical Debt
- User stories and user story mapping
- Definition of Ready and Definition of Done
- The connection between story points, ideal work hours and velocity
- Quality, cost and schedule control
- Product Increment & acceptance criteria
- The Scrum artefacts: product back log, sprint back log, release-burndown chart and sprint burn-down chart.
- iterations and release planning
- Meetings: Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective
eXtreme Programming (XP)
- The Kanban Board and the visualisation of the value chain
- "Work in Progress" limitation
- Metrics in Kanban
- Workflow vs. Workspace
- Comparison Kanban & Scrum
Soft skills in an agile environment
- Values, principles and practices in XP
- Comparison of Scrum and XP
The certification system of the IAPM International Association of Project Managers
- Training and coaching of a successful and agile team
- Communication theory and conflict management
- The Scrum team in the corporate environment
- The certification to the Cert. Agile or Senior Agile Project Manager (IAPM)
Ottmann & Partner's methods
This module provides a fast and efficient introduction to agile project management methods. We take you through the project, step by step, from planning to successful implementation! Our trainers provide the theoretical input and ensure that you can transfer project management theory to your everyday work in projects. The course covers alternating workshops, presentations and discussions to maximise interaction and intensive exchange between the participants and trainer. It makes learning an interesting experience! Your course materials provide you with valuable assistance as a reference work in your everyday project work.
Control your fixed-price projects with hybrid project management! Many fixed-price projects end up with overextended budgets and a negative contribution margin. Agile project management stand the test as a controlling system outstanding. Even so costumers like to use the classic project management with milestones and fixed schedules. HQLabs connects both approaches by the integration of jira. Get information here: www.hqlabs.de